Continuing the trend of tracking my goals. I am a little late posting this, but am still doing so.
- Save at least $15,000 by the end of the year for the house fund. At the beginning of last month, I had $500 in savings and by the end of last month I was at about $1700. If things go according to plan (no freak expenses popping up), I should have about $3k by the end of the month. This will get me on track to hitting $12k by the end of the year, but combined with trying to limit our misc. expenses, I still should be able to hit $15k. We shall see as the year continues.
- Get healthy (physically): 3 month goal is to get back to being paleo/keto since that diet has worked very well for me and has had me feeling the best I have on any other eating plan/diet. 6 month goal is to get under 200# (something I have not been since I was about 15).
Here is my progress for steps through the month of February. The weekends (Friday – Sunday) hit me the hardest as far as inactivity goes. Weight-wise, I have been struggling. I have gained five pounds since the beginning of February, which may not sound like a big deal but has hit me pretty hard emotionally because I am now officially back to where I started two years ago. All of that progress and hard work? Gone. I’m not going to lie, I felt pretty fucking crushed. But with the help of Moey and Killface, I’m back on track and making healthy decisions. I’ve cut out all grains and this week was able to have my fat-carb-protein percentage to 50-25-25 more or less every day. My goal is to decrease carb intake to about 10-15% and increase protein to 35-40%. Fats consist of healthy fats from animal meat and avocado, mostly.
- Have no credit card debt at the end of the year and work together with M to raise our credit scores for when we start looking for a house. Great progress is being made! We only have credit card debt on one card and I am going to use that card to pay for/pay off tuition. So I will be building our credit while also paying my way through school.
- Talk with a school advisor at UW by the end of January in order to have a clear-set plan for me to apply for a Master’s program next year. Yesterday morning I got an acceptance letter from South New Hampshire University. I will be starting classes for the Master’s in Industrial and Organizational Psychology program near the end of next month.
- I want to read 52 new books by the end of the year (fiction or non-fiction). I am failing so hard on this goal. I need to make more time to read.
- Update this blog at least once a month with what is going on in my life. Nailing it!
- Save up to be able to get away for our one year wedding anniversary (right now thinking the San Juan islands or renting something off the Oregon coast). On track with this one as well. Hotel is paid off and we are setting money aside for food, gas, movies, etc.
- Remove the (obviously) toxic people from my life as much as possible by the end of the month and keep an eye out for potentially toxic people. Still working on this one. Hard to figure out who is really toxic and who is just kinda bitchy all the time, but still worth having as a friend.
- Be able to hike up Mt Si within a reasonable time by the end of the year. Travel killed my plans for preparing for a Mt Si hike last month. So this month, I will alternate between Poo Poo Point and Little Si in order to prepare myself for the Mount Si hike.